Friday, January 23, 2009

svn: This client is too old to work with working copy; please get a newer Subversion client

When I tried downloading the latest ActiveScaffold plug-in (script/plugin install git://github.com/activescaffold/active_scaffold.git -r rails-2.2 ) for my rails app. I got this error
svn: This client is too old to work with working copy;
please get a newer Subversion client
I check my svn version and I was running 1.4.6.28521. I downloaded the client from the CollabNet website http://www.open.collab.net/downloads/subversion/ and installed it. At the installer I had to change the install path to match my old installation folder(C:\Program Files\Subversion).

After upgrading to svn version 1.5 i was able to run the plug-in update without any errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment