This is how you get Beyond Compare working for comparing/merging in vs.net TFS. The default viewer is not as great as beyond compare so it comes very handy when you change to bc.
In Visual Studio do the following:
- Click on Tools menu
- Click on Options menu item
- Expand Source Control tree item
- Select Visual Studio Team Foundation Server tree item
- Click on Configure User Tools... button
- Click the Add... button
- For Extension, type * (for all files)
- For Operation, select Compare
- For Command, browse for C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 2\BC2.exe
- For Arguments, type /%1 %2
- Click OK to accept
Do the same for Merging.