Monday, August 25, 2008

Error starting rails WEBRick server - ActionController::Caching::Fragments::MemCacheStore (NameError)

I go into error when trying to update my gems this week. After an unsuccessful gem update I found my self with the following error when trying to run my WEBRick server.


c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.0.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:263:in `load_missing_constant': uninitialized constant

ActionController::Caching::Fragments::MemCacheStore (NameError)


I checked to see if my memcached-client was installed and it was there. I compared with another developer and the same files were there. After unsuccessful debugging I took the choice to uninstall the entire ruby language and also rails framework.

I follow this tutorial http://tubecaption.com/watch?v=c0jR_hptpdA that demonstrate the order of how to uninstall / remove your gems.

No comments:

Post a Comment